I. Call for Abstracts
The 2018 CHAMPS/NWRPCA Fall Primary Care Conference
Thank you for considering a presentation with us!
Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains States and Northwest Regional Primary Care Association invite you to submit an abstract for consideration to present at the The 2018 CHAMPS/NWRPCA Fall Primary Care Conference.
General Information: The 2018 CHAMPS/NWRPCA Fall Primary Care Conference, in partnership with WCN, to be held in Denver, CO, October 20 - 23, 2018, provides education and training, information and resource sharing, coalition building, and program and policy development for like-minded community health professionals and their partners. The audience of this conference is comprised of Region 8, 9, & 10 states including: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
Submission Deadline: Friday, June 29, 2018. Any abstracts submitted after Friday, June 29, 2018 may not be reviewed.
Abstract Notification: You will be notified by September 1, 2018, via email, whether your abstract is selected.
Abstract Selection: Abstracts are peer-reviewed on the basis of quality and clarity of the content, subject relevance (see relevant topics below), and strength of learning objectives. NWRPCA prioritizes presentations that are interactive and participatory. Abstracts should explain specific activities, methods or techniques that will be used to encourage participation in the session as well as any take home messages and/or tools that will be made available to participants.
Relevant Topics: Abstracts should examine current programs, practices, and/or policies related to Community Health Centers and Primary Care.
Topics we are especially interested in include (though are not limited to):
- Behavioral Health
- Community Health
- Integrated Services
- Quality Transformation/ Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
II. Submission Process
Step 1: Setup SessionThe following items are required.
- Workshop Title
- Submitter Full Name and Email
- Conference Content Category: Choose the category that best fits your submission
- Preferred Duration: 90 Minute Breakout Session or 3 hour Intensive Session
- Comments: Explanation for duration selected, if needed. Can you make your presentation longer or shorter?
Step 2: Session AbstractSession Abstract Guidelines:
Abstracts are peer-reviewed and will be evaluated based on quality and clarity of the content, subject relevance, and strength of the learning objectives.
NWRPCA prioritizes presentations that are interactive and participatory. Abstracts should explain specific activities, methods or techniques that will be used to encourage participation in the session as well as any take home messages and/or tools that will be made available to participants.
Abstracts pertaining to the CHW workforce should describe within the text of the abstract whether CHWs will be presenting and/or the role CHWs played in the development of the abstract and presentation.
Step 3: Learning ObjectivesPlease enter one Learning Objective per box. Learning objectives should be clearly stated, measurable, and attainable. Below are examples of acceptable learning objectives:
- Assess the health care needs of farmworkers.
- Identify barriers to health care experienced by farmworkers.
- List three best practices for providing health care to farmworkers.
Step 4: Session DescriptionThe Session Description should be a short summary of the Session Abstract. It will be used for inclusion in the conference program and related marketing materials if the abstract is selected.
Step 5: PresentersOne primary presenter is required.
- Search for a presenter you would like to add by using email address or last name to find the names of presenters in the database.
- If the person you are looking for is not found, select 'Not Found' from the search results, and enter the presenter's information.
Step 6: ResumeAll presenters are required to upload a resume.
Step 7: Confirmation
- Review your submission on this page.
- If you are satisfied, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Conclude Submission' button.
- If you would like to edit something, click the step you would like to edit on the left-hand menu on your screen. Please note that you are able to go back and edit your submission until the submission deadline.